Once I really got started reading this book it seemed like I couldn't put it down. It just kept me wanting to read more or know what was going to happen next. I think the thing that got me hook on reading the book, was the fact that it was a boy not much younger than my self, and that it seemed kind of neat for a twelve year old to be able to capture a fairy. Also the life style of the boy made me think back on time when I had thought about what it would be like to live in a giant castle with lots of money.
The book isn't filled with many funny or sad parts, but in a way I found it kind of sad how mentally unstable Artemis's mother was from the disappearance of her husband. The unusual part of the book to me was definitely the ending. I found the ending to be unusual, because Artemis had gone to so much effort to get the money from the fairies and for him just to give up half of it was surprising. Personally the most remember able part of the story would be the part when Butler(the body guard) had defeated the troll to save his sister, but he didn't do it fully by himself. Short the fairy being held hostage had healed Butler after being killed by the troll. With the help of Short he was able to kill the troll. I think I remember this part , because at the time while reading this section it just seemed so amazing that a human was strong enough to defeat the troll. The mood changes a little bit, but nothing to dramatic. The only real change would be how in the beginning Artemis was all gung ho about take the fairy prisoner, but at the end he felt upset and remorseful about how he had treated the fairy.
Excellent blog post!
ReplyDelete