There is many possible reasons for why the author decided to write this book. I think he chose to write a book like this, because he must enjoy the idea of mythical creatures, and the idea of a 12 your old being able to out smart a more advanced race.This is probably fasinating to him, because of child hood fantasies and dreams. Then there is also just the love to write, plus the money doesnt hurt either.
In this story I'm not sure if there really is a meaning or moral to the story, but instead just a good and entertaing book. I have read a book by Eion Colfer. The book I had previously read was "Supernaturalist." That book is actually the reasoning for deciding to read "Artemis Fowl.' I have enjoyed reading both books. I think the reason I like reading his books is that they keep me intrested and wanting to read more. I have read a couple of fantasy books with mythical creatures and it hasen't done anything for me me, but there seems to be something about the way Eion Colfer writes. I can't explain it but it seems to make a difference.
I'm not a big reader and tend to only read books for school, but I might actually start reading the rest of the "Artimis Fowl" series. For me to read is something else, becuase I tend to be outside with friends or playing video games. So the fact that Eion Colfer can get someone like me to enjoy reading must be a good sign.
Excellent blog post!
ReplyDeleteindent paragraphs ;)
ReplyDelete